Mentor’s AI code reasoning platform provides capabilities you won't find anywhere else.
Mentor understands code and explains it to developers so every level of the organization can better analyze, visualize, and reason about it in ways that help the entire project: code reviews, defect detection, security, performance issues, developmental trends, and more!
Code analysis on a lifetime scale–Mentor handles entire repositories with millions of lines of code
• Anomalies detected and tracked over the project’s whole history
• Issue detection from novel machine learning (ML) technology
Taking advantage of fully automated software systems, Mentor goes beyond anomaly detection
• Insights provided for any Issue from any point in time of the development process
• Rich experience for understanding anomalies and notable code fragments
Supports 15 programming languages (and generalizes):
Mentor doesn’t need a developer to tell it what to do.
What is considered a computationally intractable
feat for other AI systems
is fully obtainable for
Merly’s AI platform
Mentor learns intentions
and behaviors, enabling
it to autonomously do
work it independently
identifies as critical
It is the developer.
system reveals how a
project has evolved
over it's lifetime
Mentor prepares a variety
of code solutions and
the dev team to review
and act upon
Mentor unlocks new potential in software quality.
With Mentor Insights and Mentor Summaries, Merly Mentor
provides capabilities you won’t find anywhere else.
Like a credit score, but for code. Mentor Summaries scores your repository’s health and provides rich insights and strategies for improvement.
Mentor Summaries provides:
Long-term and short-term activity scoring
Holistic data-driven scoring of code quality and development patterns
Assessment of long-term patterns across the repository’s evolution
Multi-year trend analysis
Discovery and analysis of various discrete project development phases
Insights into codebase management best practices, contributor dynamics, past mistakes, and potential future consequences for not taking action
After identifying anomalies, using Merly’s multiple novel machine learning, programming language, data, and software systems, Mentor Insights provides multiple fully-automated explanations and revisions
for code corrections.
Mentor Insights provides:
High-level analysis with explanations of the expression in plain language
Detailed explanations and reasoning for evaluating performance, possible bugs, and security concerns
Maintainability and technical debt improvements
Conclusion with code to use as a potential revision and an explanation in natural language
Privacy controls allow companies to keep their code behind their firewall
More about Merly Mentor
Optimized to run on-prem on commodity hardware
human-defined labels or rules
Support for privacy–no external communication required to
use Merly Mentor
Features for everyone: developers, managers, and executives
Runs (almost) everywhere: PCs, tablets, and phones
Supports all major operating systems: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS
Iterative learning: continuous extension of models
Integrations and Customization
• GitHub, GitLab, and other git systems supported, including local version control;
CI/CD operational modes including reports
• Designed to work with multiple users, ready for collaboration within and in between teams
• Configurable as a Merly-hosted option or on-prem solution–custom domains, DNS support, company SMTP servers, and more
Privacy is the #1 priority
• On-prem options for local or remote git repositories, including private GitHub repos
• Discrete privacy controls for Mentor Insights: private, semi-private, and public recommendations and configurable privacy controls for feedback
• Robust privilege system allowing access control of features, views, and functions–by role and user
• Custom email notification settings using your own organization's servers